A church has stood at Chapel Allerton at least since 1176 and would have been smaller than the present building with a simple nave with narrow windows and no aisle or chancel. A major restoration took place in 1638 and a virtual rebuild in 1859.
Today the church is little changed from the rebuild 160 years ago, though a kitchen and toilet were added as a millennium project.
The church is situated at one end of Front Street in Chapel Allerton, BS26 2PH and the Parish encompasses Stone Allerton too. Allerton is in a joint benefice with the parish of Wedmore.
The church is at the centre of village life and has a service every Sunday at 9.00 a.m.
We have a children’s church, a choir, flower arrangers, cleaners, a churchyard mowing rota and much more.
Opening Times: The church is open daily from c.8.30 a.m to dusk.
Sunday Services are usually at 9.00 a.m. but details are always on the Allerton web site (see below)
Vicar – The Revd. Richard Neill Assistant Curate – The Revd. Joy Hawes
Tel: 01934-71356 Email: email@example.com
Reader – Wendy Haslam Tel: 01934-710515
Churchwardens Johnny Torrence-Spence – Tel: 01934-710188
Gina Blake – Tel: 01934-710799
Quest Youth Club – Jane Midgley Tel: 01934-712642
Web Correspondent – Philip Bevan Tel: 01934-713929
Web: Click below – more details and church newsletters
Send Message to listing owner