Wedmore Community Bus
The Friendly Bus
There are four Scheduled Services a week. These are to
Taunton – Tuesday
Bridgwater – Wednesday
Weston-s-Mare – Thursday
Street & Glastonbury – Friday
The bus departs from Wedmore Car Park at The Lerburne at around 9.30 am to start picking up passengers. It returns to Wedmore between 1.30 and 2.45 depending on the destination.
- The bus is a friendly place where there is normally a happy buzz of conversation. Our passengers often meet for a coffee whilst at the destination.
- Anyone is welcome to come on the bus and a place can easily be booked by telephone.
- We try to pick up and drop off at the homes of all users who need this. For other passengers, this will be at a location that is convenient for them. We are also flexible about drop-offs on the route.
- We are happy to provide help in getting on and off the bus for those who need it.
- Drivers are all volunteers who want to help passengers to enjoy their time on the bus as much as possible.
- The service is free for everyone with a Concessionary Bus Pass and for children under 5 years old. For other passengers, fares are low as the bus is financed by Somerset CC and drivers are volunteers.
Read on for more detailed information:
Booking and Pick Up
Making a booking is easy.
- Call the telephone number indicated below for the service you wish to use at the time shown.
- You will be provided with a location where you will be picked up. This will be somewhere that suits you. You will also be given a pickup time, this is normally between 9.30 and 10 am.
- If you need to be picked up from your home this can usually be arranged.
- Passengers using wheelchairs need to make a provisional booking a minimum of one week in advance, the booking will be confirmed after the necessary arrangements have been made.
Pickups for all four services are normally available in Wedmore, Sand, Heath House, Mudgley, Latcham and Cocklake.
Additional pickups are normally available in other villages on route to each destination
- Taunton & Bridgwater – pickups at Blackford, Mark, Bason Bridge and East Huntspill
- Weston-super-Mare – pickups at Stoughton, Allerton and Mark
- Street – pickups at Theale and Godney
Destinations and drop-offs
Outbound – Each service runs to a pre-set location at the destination. However, it is normally possible to make additional drop-offs on route if these are requested, for example, on the Weston trip people can be dropped at the hospital whilst a drop-off at Bridgwater College can be made on the way to Bridgwater.
Return – There are pre-set pick-up times and locations for the return journey although additional pick-up locations may be possible if requested. Each passenger is returned to their original departure point at the end of the return journey.
Drivers do their best to ensure that all passengers have a safe and enjoyable journey.
Timetable and booking details
All services leave Wedmore Car Park at The Lerburne at around 9.30 am to start picking up passengers.
The Taunton and Weston-super-Mare services arrive back in Wedmore at around 2.45 pm. The Bridgwater service is back at about 2.00 pm and the Street and Glastonbury service at about 1.30 pm.
Book and arrange your pick up time and location by calling
Tuesday to Taunton and Wednesday to Bridgwater
Angeline Duckett on 01934 712631 between 6 pm & 6.30 pm on the previous evening.
Thursday to Weston-super-Mare and Friday to Street & Glastonbury
Carol Ayliffe on 01934 713471 between 6 pm & 6.30 pm on the previous evening.
The service is FREE for everyone with a Concessionary Bus Pass and for children under 5 years old. For other passengers, fares are as follows.
. Adult Child
. (Over 16) (Over 5)
Day return £4.80 £2.40
Single (either way) £3.80 £1.90
Day return £3.80 £1.90
Single (either way) £2.80 £1.40
Day return £3.00 £1.50
from Godney £2.40 £1.20
Single to/from £2.40 £1.20
Wedmore £2.00 £1.00
On weekends the bus is available for private hire throughout the day and in the evening. It is also available by arrangement on most Mondays
- On Tuesdays to Fridays, it is available for private hire after 3.30 pm and in the evening.
- Each private hire comes with a list of volunteer drivers for the hirer to approach.
- The bus has seats for a maximum of 16 passengers. It is often booked for weddings, club outings etc.
To make a booking please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
£1 per mile travelled plus a tip for the volunteer driver
For further information about The Community Bus email us at email@example.com