|A church has stood at Chapel Allerton at least since 1176 and would have been smaller than the present building with a simple nave with narrow windows and no aisle or chancel. A major restoration took place in 1638 and a virtual rebuild in 1859.
Today the church is little changed from the rebuild 160 years ago, though a kitchen and toilet were added as a millennium project.
The church is situated at one end of Front Street in Chapel Allerton, BS26 2PH and the Parish encompasses Stone Allerton too. Allerton is in a joint benefice with the parish of Wedmore.
The church is at the centre of village life and has a service every Sunday at 9.00 a.m.
We have a children’s church, a choir, flower arrangers, cleaners, a churchyard mowing rota and much more.
Opening Times: The church is open daily from c.8.30 a.m to dusk.
Sunday Services are usually at 9.00 a.m. but details are always on the Allerton web site (see below)
Reader – Wendy Haslam Tel: 01934-710515
Quest Youth Club – Jane Midgley Tel: 01934-712642
Web Correspondent – Philip Bevan Tel: 01934-713929
Web: Click below – more details and church newsletters
We are a group of ordinary people with an extraordinary God.
Whether you’re local, new or passing through, we hope you’ll feel welcome here.
10.30am morning service.
We all start together, then at 11am there are separate groups for ages 3-15yrs.
At the end, we all get back together for refreshments.
Coffee with a View 10am-12noon.
Good parking & access.
Free coffee & home-made cake.
Bring a friend, or come & make
some new ones here!
Please look at our website to find out what else we’re up to.
Christchurch Theale is the parish church for the village of Theale. We are a small and friendly congregation, very supportive of each other and welcoming of new comers. Sunday services are weekly at 11 am. The church is also available for christenings, weddings and funerals.
A monthly café is run by the church in Theale Village Hall on the third Saturday of every month.
Noreen Stott 01934 713464
Elizabeth Coulter 01934 712144
Holy Trinity Church in Blackford was built in 1823 and its unusual design (octagonal) means it has fantastic acoustics and is a lovely space to meet and worship.
The building has recently been refurbished both outside and inside and is used by Blackford Community Choir for rehearsals as well as Sunday worship.
Sunday services are at 9 am or 6 pm and once a month Holy Trinity meets in Blackford Village Hall for the popular Sunday Breakfast. All are welcome at 9 am for bacon rolls, coffee, juice and cereal with a short act of worship at 9.30 am.
Daily during daylight hours
Karin Weigold and Paul Perry
Movement Youth Worship
Every other month St Mary’s Wedmore is transformed for a Youth Worship event for youngsters aged between 13 and 25.
A five piece band leads the singing of worship songs and there is always an inspirational speaker. Free cakes and Pepsi are available.
Movement Youth Worship is for youngsters from across the Cheddar Valley and beyond and for any church denomination.
Every other month;
Sunday evening 6.30 – 8.30
St Mary’s is the ancient parish church for Wedmore.
The present church dates back to the fifteenth century, although there will have been a church on the site dating back to Saxon times.
As well as Sunday services, the church offers a monthly Fairtrade Coffee Shop, welcomes babies, children and adults for baptism and is the place where couples with a connection to Wedmore can be married.
Opening Times: The church is open daily from c.8.30 a.m. to dusk.
Sunday services are usually at 10.15 a.m. but please check the Isle of Wedmore News for details.
St Mary’s Church, Church Street, Wedmore BS28