Neighbourhood Watch seeks to reduce local opportunities for crime & anti-social behaviour by harnessing community spirit so that everyone can contribute towards the protection of their property by mutual co-operation and effective communication.
We do this via a network of co-ordinators in every road linked in a cascade system by ‘phone & internet to Police HQ & our local Beat Manager in Cheddar.
We operate literally 365/24/7 – whenever opportunities for crime present themselves on our patch. By staying alert and informed we feel able to help our community residents and businesses to help themselves to combat criminality in and around Wedmore.
Contact: Mr Roy Millward – Village Neighbourhood Watch Co-Ordinator
Tel: 01934 712999
Contact: Mr Alan Blythe – Deputy Village Neighbourhood Watch Co-Ordinator
Tel: 01934 713001
C 2357 Tracy Jones
PCSO 7769 Eliot Green
PCSO 6950 Sheila Dickinson
PCSO 7599 Jake Dade
Neighbourhood Watch Websites:
Cheddar Police Station
Avon & Somerset – Cheddar & Shipham Beat
Other Useful References / Websites
- National crime reports
- What to do about Rogue Traders
- Action Fraud is the UK’s national online and phone helpline for reporting fraud and internet crime, and offers advice to the public. Website contains many tips and advice to protect yourself from fraud as an excellent service.
- How to spot Fraud and what to do! for straightforward advice on how you, your family and neighbours can protect themselves from fraud.
- PC and Identity Protection: Get Safe Online
- Avon and Somerset Police: Keeping Safe – Home. Car, Belongings
- Keeping in Touch info for Sedgemoor