Wedmore Community Bus
WEDMORE COMMUNITY BUS – The Friendly Bus
Scheduled Services – The Basics
There are four Scheduled Services a week which go to:
- Taunton – Tuesday
- Bridgwater – Wednesday
- Weston-s-Mare – Thursday
- Street & Glastonbury – Friday
The bus departs from Wedmore Car Park at The Lerburne at 9.30 am prompt to start picking up passengers (you can also join the bus at the car park). It returns to Wedmore between 1.30 and 2.45 depending on the destination.
- The bus is a friendly place where there is normally a happy buzz of conversation. Our passengers often meet for a coffee whilst at the destination.
- Anyone is welcome to come on the bus and a place can easily be booked by telephone.
- We try to pick up and drop off at the homes of all users who need this. For other passengers, this will be at a location that is convenient for them. We are also flexible about drop-offs on the route.
- We are happy to provide help in getting on and off the bus for those who need it.
- Drivers are all volunteers who want to help passengers to enjoy their time on the bus as much as possible.
- The service is free for everyone with a Concessionary Bus Pass and for children under 5 years old. For other passengers, fares are low as the bus is financed by Somerset CC and drivers are volunteers.
Booking and Pick Up
Pickups for all four services are normally available in Wedmore, Sand, Heath House, Mudgley, Latcham and Cocklake and making a booking is easy:
- Call the telephone number shown below for the service you wish to use at the time shown.
- You will be provided with a location that suits you where you will be picked up. You will also be given a pickup time, this is normally between 9.30 and 10 am.
- If you need to be picked up from your home this can usually be arranged.
- Passengers using wheelchairs need to make a provisional booking a minimum of one week in advance, the booking will be confirmed after the necessary arrangements have been made.
Additional pickups are normally available in other villages on the route to each destination.
- Taunton & Bridgwater – pickups at Blackford, Mark, Bason Bridge and East Huntspill
- Weston-super-Mare – pickups at Stoughton, Allerton and Mark
- Street – pickups at Theale and Godney
Destinations and drop-offs
Outbound – Each service runs to a pre-set location at the destination. However, it is normally possible to make additional drop-offs on route if these are requested, for example, on the Weston trip people can be dropped at the hospital whilst a drop-off at Bridgwater College can be made on the way to Bridgwater.
Return – There are pre-set pick-up times and locations for the return journey although additional pick-up locations may be possible if requested. Each passenger is returned to their original departure point at the end of the return journey.
Timetable and booking details
All services leave Wedmore Car Park at The Lerburne at 9.30 am prompt to start picking up passengers.
Book and arrange your pick up time and location by calling:
- Tuesday to Taunton: Call Angeline Duckett 01934 712631 after 6pm & before 6.30 pm on Monday evening
- Wednesday to Bridgwater: Call Helen Flooks 01934 611006 after 6pm & before 6.30 pm on Tuesday evening
- Thursday to Weston-super-mare: Call Gwen Fisher 01278 641880 after 6pm & before 6.30 pm on Wednesday
- Friday to Street: Call Carol Ayliffe 01934 713471 after 6pm & before 6.30 pm on Thursday evening
The service is FREE for everyone with a Concessionary Bus Pass and for children under 5 years old.
|Street – from Wedmore||£2.40||£3.00||£1.20||£1.50|
|Street – from Godney||£2.00||£2.40||£1.00||£1.20|
|Wedmore to & from Godney||£2.00||–||£1.00||–|
On weekends the bus is available for private hire throughout the day and in the evening. It is also available by arrangement on most Mondays.
- On Tuesdays to Fridays, it is available for private hire after 3.30 pm and in the evening.
- Each private hire comes with a list of volunteer drivers for the hirer to approach.
- The bus has seats for a maximum of 16 passengers. It is often booked for weddings, club outings etc.
- It only costs £1 per mile travelled plus a tip for the volunteer driver
To make a booking please contact us by email at email@example.com
For further information about The Community Bus email us at firstname.lastname@example.org