26/03/20 9788 Somerset: Police Enquiry Offices & Reporting Issues.
The majority of police enquiry offices across the force area have been closed in a bid to reduce the spread of coronavirus.
Four of them will remain open seven days a week, but should only be used if absolutely essential. Anyone displaying coronavirus symptoms or self-isolating should follow Government advice and stay at home and report matters for the police through our website instead.
The four in operation from 8am-8pm (weekdays) and 9am-5pm (weekends) are:
•Bridewell Police Station, Bristol
•Patchway Police Centre, South Gloucestershire
•Bridgwater Police Centre, Somerset
•Yeovil Police Station, Somerset
Assistant Chief Constable Stephen Cullen said: “This has not been an easy decision to make but has been made in accordance with the Government’s announcement on Monday that people should remain at home unless absolutely necessary to reduce the spread of this virus. The decision will remain under constant review.
“By temporarily reducing the number of enquiry desks open it will allow us best maximise the resources available to the force at what is critical time for policing.
“We remain committed to providing a visible police presence in all our communities, and any enquiries that would traditionally have been handled face-to-face will be conducted online through our website, including reporting non-urgent crimes.
• Please only call 999 in an emergency. If you need to call our 101 service, please consider whether you can report online instead via our online reporting tools.
• Visit our dedicated COVID-19 page for links to all the latest news on policing services.
• Visit GOV.UK to read the Government’s advice on COVID-19.
• See Government advice for staying at home, for households with possible COVID-19 infection and social distancing to protect vulnerable groups.
• Visit the NHS website for hygiene advice and advice on calling 111.
• For advice on mental health, visit the Every Mind Matters website.
Please also be aware that all NHW Administrators are now having to work from home. This means that they will be available by email and by mobile phone only. All post, both incoming and outgoing will be severely delayed until further notice.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile: 07889 656 575