• Annual meetings will be on the following dates: St Mary’s Sunday 15 April, Allerton Tuesday 17 April, Holy Trinity Sunday 22 April and Christchurch Tuesday 24 April. If you are not on the electoral roll of your church and feel that you should be please pick up one of the Electoral Roll Application Forms in church and return to one of the church wardens.
• The next Fairtrade Café and Shop will be held in St Mary’s on Saturday 7 April from 9 am.
• St Mary’s May Fayre will be on Saturday 5 May.
• The next Movement Youth Worship will take place at St Mary’s on Sunday 6 May from 6.30 pm.
• The Royal Wedding – We will hope to show the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle in St Mary’s on a big screen on Saturday 19 May from 11.30 am. Come dressed for the occasion and bring a picnic for afterwards. Messy Church craft tables will be set up for children.
• Friends of St. Mary’s AGM and skittles at the New Inn on Tuesday 3rd April. A brief AGM at 6.30pm followed by skittles and fish and chips. Call David Hopkins 01934 710149 or email firstname.lastname@example.org so that he can give Frank catering numbers.
• Tower Open Day. May Bank Holiday Monday 7th May. To see the best view in the village. Tower Open from 10am. Call David Hopkins to reserve if aged 8 and over, if aged 8 to 13 accompanied by an adult, if you are sensibly shod and sensibly attired and if you are in good enough health to climb the steep, narrow steps safely. 01934 710149 or email email@example.com
• Wedmore First School will be holding their Spring Service after Easter on Thursday 19th April at 9.00 am. All are welcome to join them for this.
• Don’t forget the Benefice Church Calendar can be viewed online. The address is below.
• The final Lent Lunch is to be a Late Late Lent Lunch on Friday 20 April at The Cart House, Cocklake. For more information please contact Heather Hector on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01934 712478.
• Come and enjoy a circular walk around Nyland on Friday 6th April starting from The Cart House, Cocklake. The walk is about 2 ½ hours, mostly flat but still muddy in places. Coffee is served from 10.30 am and the walk starts at 11.00 am. Soup and cake will be served on return from the walk with donations for St. Mary’s Church. Dogs on leads welcome. For more information please contact Heather Hector on email@example.com or telephone 01934 712478.
• St Mary’s welcomes the friends and families for the christening of Molly and George Coombes on Sunday 8 April.
• A Vision for St Mary’s – the congregation of St Mary’s are invited to use the time between Easter and Ascension to pray for God’s guidance as we seek a vision for our church building and the future needs that will guide any changes. There are prayer cards for congregation members to pick up and use in their own prayers.
• Thank you to all those who have decorated our churches so beautifully for the Easter festival.
The Benefice of the Isle of Wedmore
SUNDAY 1 APRIL 2018 : EASTER SUNDAY