The exciting cycling challenge sees bike enthusiasts take on a breathtaking 30, 40 or 70 mile course across the spectacular Mendip Hills and Somerset levels. There is also a fun, family-friendly 12 mile course which returns by popular demand.
Weston Hospicecare is working in collaboration with a brilliant group of cycling enthusiast volunteers from Wedmore to bring this event to you and money raised through ticket sales will be split between Weston Hospicecare and St Mary’s Church. All funds raised through sponsorship and donations will go directly to supporting the care the hospice provides for free to those in North Somerset and Sedgemoor with life-limiting conditions.
There is a range of route lengths you can choose from:
- 12 miles: ‘Family Fun Ride’: this shorter fun ride is ideal for a range of abilities; a short, mainly flat route around the Somerset Levels. The Ride starts at 10:30 am
- 30 miles: ‘Ride the Levels’: you will head south of Wedmore towards Glastonbury, taking in views of the beautiful Somerset Levels. The Ride starts at 10 am
- 40 miles: ‘The Hill Climber’: ride up the iconic Cheddar Gorge, across the spectacular Mendip Hills and around Chew Valley Lake before venturing back over the Mendips to Wedmore. The Ride starts at 9:30 am
- 70 miles: ‘The Full House’: first you will ride 40 miles across the Mendips and round Chew Valley Lake. Back to Wedmore for a quick refuel, before finishing with a slightly flatter 30 miles around the Somerset Levels. The Ride starts at 9 am
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE COST
- Entry to Wedmore 40/30 on Sunday 11 July 2021
- Complimentary refreshments at the finish
- Full safety cover of the event
- Finisher’s medal to show off your achievement
- Bike maintenance at the start and finish