Wedmore Arts Festival 11 – 19 May
Featuring the Pride of Somerset!
Wedmore Arts Festival is delighted to announce that one of its brilliant performers has just won the Pride of Somerset Youth Award. Talented young violinist Poppy McGhee, from Wookey, has already won a clutch of awards for her exquisite playing, and the Festival is proud that this particular honour comes just in time for the start of the Festival itself. Poppy will be playing during the first night in St Mary’s Church, Wedmore: 7.30pm Friday 11 May. Also performing that evening will be the wonderful Glastonbury Male Voice Choir – promises to be a night to remember!
There is plenty of other entertainment during the week to enjoy as well – a feast of music, drama, literature and comedy. The full line up includes:
- Second Best Bed – a one-woman drama starring Liz Grand
- Andrew Wright discussing his phenomenal career in choreography on the West End stage
- Hilary Boyd, creator of ‘gran-lit’ introducing us to A Perfect Husband
- TV’s Simon King with an illustrated talk for the family on Nature Watch
- Jeremy Cole performing a delightful Lunchtime Organ Recital
- Don Boyd discussing
Adaptation – A lunchtime talk on film direction
- Jeremy Hardy Live 2018 (this event is now SOLD OUT)
- Michael Eavis on his Life in Farming and Festivals
- Richard Lennox with an evening of popular classics
- Brigadier Bruce Jackman OBE MC: Gurkhas: Bravest of the Brave – A lunchtime talk (Lunches SOLD OUT)
- Wells Cathedral School Brass Ensemble
- And finally the magnificent jazz singer and Radio 2 host Clare Teal and her Trio (almost sold out, so hurry!).
Also during the week Heath House Art Group will be exhibiting a spectrum of their creative talent in a free exhibition. The full Festival programme is widely available.
Go to our website to get tickets or buy in person from Wedmore Village Stores
Look forward to seeing you!
Tickets now available!
We’re pleased to tell you that tickets are now available for all the events we’re staging for our 2018 Festival, either online (just click/tap on the Book Now below):
or available to buy in person at the Wedmore Village Store & Papershop
As always, you can find out more by going to the website and we look forward to welcoming you between 11th & 19th May at our events!