Wheelie Wedmore – fall back in love with your bike
Sedgemoor District Council is asking residents to fall back in love with their bikes and take part in Wheelie Wedmore, which is taking place on Sunday, 13th February between 1100 hrs and 1500 hrs at the Borough, Wedmore.
Sedgemoor District Council
Corporate Relations Manager: Claire Faun
Direct Dial: 01278 435320
King Square, Bridgwater
Somerset, TA6 3AR e-mail: email@example.com
General Enquiries: 0300 303 7800
Wheelie Wedmore is a one-day mass meet up for cyclists – celebrating cyclists and cycling – so expect to find bike sales, repair specialists, kit, cycle jumble and campaigns alongside laidback vibes and tunes and accompanied rides into Wedmore from all points of the district on cycle routes. The event is part of a fun-filled programme of different events, at different locations, over the next couple of months to banish the blues, which will bring people back to our high streets and town and village centres.
Cycling can be a great way to see more of the county and routes planned are using the National Cycle Network and quieter roads. There will be a warm welcome from local businesses, our friendly traders and groups too. All riders will get a free water bottle or waterproof saddle cover.
In association with local events company, eat:Festivals and funded by the Government Welcome Back Fund, this event is next in line of the programme, after the hugely popular and fully sold-out Drive in Cinemas. Wheelie Wedmore is a mass meet up for cyclists from across the district with cycle jumble, cycle repair clinics, accompanied rides in from all points of the district on cycle routes. The event is part of a fun-filled programme of different events, at different locations, over the next couple of months to banish the blues, which will bring people back to our high streets and town and village centres.
Links to routes:
Cycle Burnham-on-Sea to Wheelie Wedmore https://goo.gl/maps/kpVGt8asz8JXApw68
Cycle Grand Pier WSM to Wheelie Wedmore https://goo.gl/maps/mjZPP6gYUjYrCedR7
Cycle Wells Cathedral to Wheelie Wedmore https://goo.gl/maps/Le7Vxx9PDU6p32hE8
Cycle Yeovil to Wheelie Wedmore https://goo.gl/maps/rmCJAbxzrS4o4Qut6
Cycle Bridgwater to Wheelie Wedmore https://goo.gl/maps/5JPd13KK4Xu97ZKVA
Cycle Taunton to Wheelie Wedmore https://goo.gl/maps/jLPKmbf5FUF7EUT3A
Cycle Bristol to Wheelie Wedmore https://goo.gl/maps/QD5sWXNp1GDcjwgL8
Cycle Bath to Wheelie Wedmore https://goo.gl/maps/wLS4pPjFYACMSbDq5
- Griffin Cycles – at home repair service and stockists of eco-friendly cycle maintenance kit
- The Strawberry Line campaign group with information about the route and its extension
- E-Bike UFO – e-bike specialists
- Grand Tor Cycling – bike sales, service and repairs
- Green Wedmore – local eco-group
- Wedmore 40 30 Charity Cycle Ride – with information about this year’s ride
- Cycle and Recycle – gifts made from recycled cycle parts
- The Body Clinic – soft tissue therapist and sport massage therapist
- Cycle jumble with Mike
The future events include:
- Damian Boyd location map– Winter storytelling that bring the streets alive with spoken word. A digital archive of stories, poems and reflections connected to QR codes hosted by local shops and businesses supplemented by led walks by story tellers – exploring the High Street and surrounding area. Map Coming Soon!
- Busk-athon in Highbridge 19/02/2022- Utilising every corner of Highbridge to bring the town to life with music.
- Cannington Uncovered 05/03/2022- Temporary street art will be created exposing the archaeological heritage of Cannington and Sedgemoor, and the themes of local history explored using special interest groups and guides.
- Bridgwater Art Fair 19/03/2022- The word “art” means lots of things to lots of people. This free event in the heart of the town utilises the wide variety of public space to host a collection of different art classes, demonstrations and have a go session including: Have a go screen printing sessions, try your hand at pottery sessions, plen air, walking tours of street art, linking to the civic society and the heritage action zone/built environment, life drawing classes, spray up boards and will include the opportunity for local artists to sell their artwork.
eat:Festivals are working closely with other local businesses and providers to put on fun and engaging events in Burnham on Sea, Highbridge, Cheddar, Axbridge, Wedmore and Bridgwater.
The Welcome Back Events are funded from the European Regional Development Fund via the Welcome Back Fund. More details about each event will be published nearer the time.